Thursday, January 14, 2010

meme

My amazing, talented, special friend Umatji has started a meme called: This wonderful life-Bushfire collections. At the moment I'm not living in a high risk bushfire area. But one day soon I would like to live surrounded by bush. It's very sad to think about this kind of situation. I know quite a few people in Victoria who were affected by Black Saturday as many people do and their lives will never be the same. Ultimately if I had to quickly take off if a bushfire was to sweep through I would only be thinking of family and pets. I'm not very attached to material things and see the world as being overrun with materialism. But. There is one thing.



I bought this painting (much to Umatji's disappointment for missing out on it) when I worked in an Aboriginal community many years ago. I love everything about this painting, the colours, the earthiness, the repetition. I find it so meditative. I have spent many an hour gazing at this painting trying to work stuff out, good and bad. Looking at this painting feels like being at home. Thanks Umatji for your blog and your new meme.

1 comment:

  1. good choice! and thanks for all the head swelling talk!

    ReplyDelete